During May 28th – 29th, 2020 SHFWH has organized the seventh training of marginalized youth in entrepreneurship “Communication and self confidence building” as a part of its project “Create opportunities for employment and self-employment of marginalized youth” under WeB4YES project – Western Balkan Civil Society Organizations for Youth Employment Support.
60 marginalized youth aged 16-30 years of urban and rural areas of Kucove, Albania have participated in the training. Youth came from families in need especially from rural families and Roma and Egyptian community.
The project coordinator Tefta Mala gave a short presentation of the aims of the activity and introduced youth with the planned training sessions in entrepreneurship skills. The training was held in a more spacious facility, in the first part of the day because of local and national rules of safety due to COVID-19 emergency.
The training was held by national CEFE expert Ylldise Brahimaj, and aimed to inform and instruct participants on:
- Relevant principles and techniques in managing a small manufacturing business;
- Significant practical experience in organizing production processes;
- Understanding of costs and profit and loss;
- Negotiation with suppliers and buyers;
- Elements of an effective and convincing presentation,
- Competence to prepare a successful presentation, and deliver it with limited resources
The training used CEFE methodology combining informal and formal methods especially brainstorming, team work, exercises, role playing and interaction. All 60 youth were actively involved throughout the training and they gained skills in entrepreneurship development, organization, costs, negotiation, creativity, innovation and communication.